March 9, 2020
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.”
A recap of our wonderful February…..
February was a very busy month for our sisters. We started it out with a fun
Girls vs EGirls date night. We had three sisterhoods in February which included Galentine's Day celebration, writing Valentines Day letters to Veterans, and a karaoke and cupcakes night.
We finished up our COB informal recruitment events and we welcomed three lovely new members into Alpha Xi Delta. We just started recruitment workshop training with both our new and returning recruiters to get them prepared for formal recruitment. Our Executive team attended the Area Wide Training in Madison, Wisconsin over Valentine's Day weekend, and they came back with a lot’s of new information and ideas to share with us.
Throughout the month our sisters had three mixers with other chapters on campus. We had mixers with Pike, SAE, and AST. We went to SAE’s house and had a movie night, had a great time eating pancakes and playing games with Pike, and we also had a blast playing bingo with AST!
We had several sisters participate in UNI Dance Marathon this past weekend, and as a chapter we raised over $10,000 For The Kids! Our sister Tyler served on DM leadership as the Assistant Director of Design, and selflessly shaved her head and donated her hair during the Big Event! Our sister Nicole also served on DM leadership as a Morale Captain, and she cut and donated her hair at the Big Event. We are so proud of all of our sisters for their involvement and generous hearts.
- We have our Big/Little reveal coming up for our new members, and Initiation Week is not far behind that!
- Wellness week is upon us this first week of March. This week will be filled with self care, hot yoga, acts of kindness, baking, and movies.
- We have several sisters that will be volunteering with the Special Olympics this month, and can’t wait to get out and serve our community.
- We have mixers with APhi and KSig coming up in March. We are very excited and can’t wait to make more friends!
- We also have our retreat in March and three sisterhoods. We can’t wait to spend more quality time with our sisters!
- Last but not least we have our Mom’s Day banquet coming up. Our wonderful mothers are coming to see their beautiful daughters and we are so excited to show them how much we love and appreciate them!
Here’s to another great month. Thanks for reading and we’ll see you next month!
The sisters of Delta Chi
January 31, 2020
“We may not have it all together but together we have it all.”
A little recap of our amazing January…
We are so excited to be back at school with all of our sisters, and loved hearing about everyone's travels and winter break stories. Several of our sisters met up at the sorority house for a sisterhood on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day to spend some quality time together painting canvases. We also had sisters attend the 2020 Greek Leaders Retreat held at UNI in early January, where they had a great time learning new ideas, networking, and planning for the coming year.
We started our COB informal recruitment season this month, and we have some fun events planned including a game night, service night, craft night, and a baking night. We are hoping to add some great new sisters to our chapter this semester!
Everyone has started their new positions within the chapter, and the website will be updated with the new executive team soon. We are all very happy to start our new positions, and are looking forward to a great 2020!
2020 Greek Leaders Retreat
- We have our first date night of the year coming up on February 7th. Our theme is VSCO girls vs. E-girls.
- We are looking forward to having some fun sisterhoods, and we can't wait to see what our sisterhood director, Grace comes up with!
- We have mixers with PIKE and Alpha Sigma Tau in February and are excited to have some fun and get to know them better
- The Executive Team will be attending Area Wide Training in Madison, Wisconsin over Valentines Day weekend, and they are excited to hopefully bring back some new information and ideas to implement in our chapter!
Here’s to a great start to a new year, and we'll see you next month!
The sisters of Delta Chi